Improving the Well-Being of Seniors
Everyone hopes to live well especially in our golden years. Staying healthy, keeping a happy outlook on life, and having friends who support us all contribute to our health and well-being as we grow older. To achieve this reality for our seniors and our future-selves, FUN! Fund wants to pilot creative ideas to foster the well-being of seniors, be more socially connected and enjoy life as they grow older.
Lonely Seniors Live Poorly
The prolonged COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the loneliness in seniors through social distancing measures and reduction of social activities in the community. A study showed that seniors who perceived themselves as being lonely, live shorter with a declining quality of life.
This situation is compounded by limited variety of activities offered in the community and care workers showing signs of increased burnout and psychological distress in the aftermath of the pandemic. They struggled, on top of their heavy workload and responsibilities, to re-design and run engaging programmes to help seniors cope with social isolation and achieve a good quality of life.
What is FUN! Fund?
CFS is partnering with the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) to launch FUN! Fund, a Community Impact Fund (CIF), to care for our seniors, and pioneer new ways to engage them.
FUN! Fund aims to build the capacity of staff and social organisations to champion and create interesting and engaging activities that seniors look forward to. We want to introduce fun as a key element in programmes that will enrich seniors’ lives, allow them to try new things and stay curious and be explorative. Simply put, living a good and happy life.
FUN! Fund will also be developing a playbook and running post-learning workshops to share and spread the word on fun and effective programmes for other social organisations to replicate and implement them.
Our Environmental Efforts
You can play a part in creating a community for our seniors today which your future self would love being a part of. Donate to FUN! Fund here.
FUN! Fund will support Community Care Partners of AIC. This includes seniors from residential care, centre-base and home care services.
Private sector organisations and social enterprises may collaborate with social organisations for a joint grant application.
All donations are matched dollar for dollar by the Tote Board Enhanced Fundraising Scheme from now until 30 April 2023. We are targeting to raise S$1 million and every donation counts.
Grant call will open from 4 November 2022 until 31 March 2023.
- The evaluation of FUN! Fund grant applications will focus on:
- New and innovative idea: New and innovative ways of engaging seniors.
- Fun element: Fun programmes that motivates seniors to participate.
- Impact: Impact to the seniors through the 5 Ways to Well-Being framework that encourage seniors to Connect, Be Active, Take Notice, Keep Learning and Give. Read more about the 5 Ways to Well-Being.
- Scalability & sustainability: Programmes that can be sustained and replicated by different organisations, allow building of staff/volunteers’ capability, etc.
- Grant applications will be made online. Refer to the Submittable User Guide to find out how to set up an account and apply for FUN! Fund.
- Review the Terms and Conditions before accepting a grant from FUN! Fund.
- Successful grant applicants are required to use a designated measurement tool to track and evaluate the impact of their programmes for seniors. AIC and CFS are developing a framework to evaluate fun programmes with reference to the 5 Ways to Well-Being and will share the measurement tool with applicants upon successful grant application.
Contact details for Community Care Partners:
- For any enquiries, please contact your AIC Account Manager or email FUN! Fund Secretariat at email@example.com.