Leaving a legacy
Making a lasting impact beyond your lifetime
Legacy giving lets you make a lasting impact on the lives of future generations, far beyond the measure of your lifetime.
It is the best way to benefit a cause or charity that you care about now and in the future. By making a legacy gift, you provide enduring support to the causes that matter most to you, while securing your own legacy forever. You may also leave your gift unrestricted to provide flexibility in meeting the evolving needs of the community.
To plan a legacy gift, you can start by setting up a donor-advised fund in your name or in memory of a loved one. Giving in memory lets a family celebrate the life of a loved one by supporting a cause close to their hearts.
Types of legacy gifts
- CPF monies Nominate CFS as a beneficiary of your CPF monies.
- Insurance policies Designate CFS as a beneficiary of your insurance policies.
- Marketable securities Includes equities, bonds and unit trusts traded in listed stock exchanges.
- Marketable assets Includes real estate, art, antiques and jewellery.
Why give with CFS
With CFS, you can be assured that your charitable intent will be honoured and your giving meaningful and impactful. As your trusted legacy partner, we will:
- Carry out your wishes
We will honour your wishes and ensure that your fund is used prudently to help the community and directed to the charitable causes you care about most.
- Invest your gift wisely
Should you choose an endowment fund, we will work with investment experts to help grow your fund so that the reach of your legacy will be extended over time.
- Ensure that your gift has a lasting impact
Whether flow-through or endowment fund, we will ensure that your legacy gift will always make an impact no matter what your charitable interests are.
To get started on planning your legacy, get in touch with us today or call 6550 9529.
For legal and policy reasons, CFS may not be able to accept every legacy gift as specified. Speak with us so that we can help you plan your legacy gift and ensure that it goes towards the intended purpose.
Frequently Asked Questions
- CPF monies
Nominate CFS as a beneficiary of your CPF monies.
- Insurance policies
Designate CFS as the beneficiary of your insurance policies.
- Marketable securities
Includes equities, bonds and unit trusts traded in listed stock exchanges.
- Marketable assets
Includes real estate, art, antiques and jewellery.
- Sign the deed to set up your fund.
- Work with your lawyer to update your will.
- Inform CPF or insurance agent.
- Appoint a Grant Advisory Committee (your family).
- Inform CFS of your intentions using the Legacy Pledge Form.