The privacy of your personal data is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding it. The term “personal data” refers to personally identifiable data about you, such as your name, birth date, e-mail address or mailing address, and any other information that is identified with you personally.
By visiting, using and/or accessing the Community Foundation of Singapore (CFS) website in any way, you fully understand and expressly consent to CFS’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) policies and procedures for collection, use, disclosure, access, correction, accuracy, protection, retention, transfer and withdrawal of your personal data for the following purposes:
- Philanthropy programmes
- Fundraising programmes
- Corporate giving programmes
- CFS grants
- CFS news, events, publications, media releases & reports
If you choose to contact us or send us information for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other partner organisations, so as to process the information in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for any business or legal purposes. To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
This site may contain links to non-CFS sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
You understand and agree for CFS to contact you for any other purposes related to the services that CFS is providing or had provided you with and/or on matters which you have an ongoing relationship with CFS. If you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions, please do not visit, use and/or access this website.
1. What personally identifiable information does CFS collect?CFS’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. CFS collects personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, such as when you register on our site, and when you visit CFS pages and subscribe to any of our services. Once you register with our site you are no longer anonymous to us.
2. What anonymous information does CFS collect?Your Internet browser has a feature called “cookies” which store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of our sites. However, cookies tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information. We use tracking technologies in a variety of ways, including:
- Keeping count of return visits to our site or our advertiser’ or partners’ sites
- Accumulating and report anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on website and advertisement usage.
- Determining which features users like best
3. How does CFS use the information?The information we gather is mainly used for general purposes including:
- Enhance the user experience in our network of sites. We use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to build a better service for you
- Fulfill your requests for certain products and services
- Customise the content you see
What are my options?Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with us. You can still view much of the content without registering.
If you have questions regarding this privacy statement, our data protection policies and procedures, or if you require access to the data which you have earlier provided to us, please feel free to drop us an email at email@example.com or write to the Community Foundation of Singapore, 6 Eu Tong Sen Street #04-88 The Central, Singapore 059817.